I think this list is long overdue... So without further ado, here are 5 reasons why you should blog (or if you already do, 5 reasons why it's awesome!)...
1) It passes your time in a productive way: Yes, that sounds like something parents would totally dig, but hey, it's the truth! Blogging is quite beneficial, unlike updating your Instagram status every 30 seconds, which brings you to nowhere. (Yes, I am guilty of that)
2) It helps improve your writing skills: Now that's a big plus. When I first starting blogging, I was just an average writer with lots of things to work on. Of course, I still have loads to work on, but now I definitely think I'm a better writer. I choose better wording, and I have found a style that represents me.
3) You learn a little more about yourself: Since I've started blogging, I've learned a lot as a writer, but also as person. Through writing, I've developed a better understanding of myself, of my weaknesses and strengths. And I think that has made me more aware of how life affects me, and how I affect the people around me.
4) You can steal your own ideas!: Have you ever been given a writing assignment, and found yourself stuck, with no ideas in mind to write about (a.k.a writer's block)? Well, every time I'm stuck in that position, I just go to my blog, look through my past posts, and pick out a subject I had already written about and try to develop it more. I've used this method three times now, and it works like a charm! (We should name this Self-Plagiarization)
5) You make new friends: The blogging community is a vast one, but after a while, you find your place in it, and that's when you start making new friends. Friends who share the same interests as you, who never fail to inspire you. And you can always count on them to start up a great conversation that is always fuelled on passion!
Do you have more reasons of why one should blog? If so, feel free to leave them in the comment section below!