December 14, 2012

Suddenly, my worries don't seem like much

This Saturday (so tomorrow), my family and I are heading on a cruise to the Caribbeans. ^^

But one of the major things that have been preoccupying my mind for the past few days is the size of our room. Yup, I have been worrying about the size of our room, and how apparently it is twice as small than a average hotel room. I have been pondering as to how I will survive sleeping in such a small room for seven days.

But then I thought...

If the Jews could survive concentration camp, if the less-fortunate people living on the streets could survive the winter nights, why can't I survive a seven day cruise in a small room? I will be fed, I will be visiting great monuments, I will be swimming in the pool, and yet I am still complaining of a small room?!

Suddenly, a lot of my worries don't seem like much anymore, and for good reasons.

If we pause for a moment and reflect on all the great things we have in our life, we will realize that we should be grateful for many, many things, and we should not always complain about the things that are "downgrades".

So, on that note, I will not be posting anything for about a week or more, because there is no WI-FI (Cry of total despair!!!!!) on the cruise...

Wishing you guys a very happy holidays!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Annie!

      Thanks for commenting,

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  2. You are always so very thoughtful :) I actually have a lot of worries but I only complain internally because I know that they are pretty stupid XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, don't worry, my complaint written above is only one in like a hundred XD

      Thank you for reading my post and commenting, Lottie!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  3. That is definitely true! But I think instead of being scared of the room size, I would be more scared of being raided and stolen from as spoken on the news a lot of cruises. XD I hope you have/will/are/had a great time because I don't know when you will read this. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I've actually never heard of people stealing stuff on cruises, but I'm assuming it should be true.

      And I'm reading your comment in a hotel room. I'll be boarding the cruise in a few hours, so I've to enjoy the wi-fi when I have it! (Wi-fi is such a big part of my life, lol)

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  4. It's always a good strategy to think of how lucky you are in comparison to others who are/were much worse off whenever you're sad. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thomas (I checked your blog, it's amazing! I just subscribed), and yes indeed, you are very right!

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...